Saturday 10 April 2010

Steady Progress

When I first started trawling the blogs I was always disappointed when there were large gaps between posts and here I am doing the same thing! I have been very busy at work and often working late so just haven't found the time to add to the blog. I am going to make a special effort to at least write a little something every day.

Apart from my little pickle with one of the IPL games where I lost £80, I have been making steady progress. Today and last nights horse meetings were particularly good and I seem to be reading the market movements successfully. However I made my usual stupid mistake of trading when the market went in play and it had to be one of the shortest races of the day!  Of course it went against me rapidly and I was lucky to get away with a £47.37 loss. This was the only time that I went in play today and I often wonder if the betting spirits are trying to teach me a lesson as each time it goes against me.

I am down £20 on the footie and I have been involved in 11 games since my last post and just seem to be running in circles at the moment. Most of the games I have been trading have been 0-0 at half time and that is the one score I don't want to see.

I have been following the Trading Tennis blog as this is the one market I really want to trade. There are some big results that are shown on there. What isn't clear is how big the stakes are and how many losses are there compared to the wins. I suppose the only way to find out is to get involved. If the strategy is sound then there is a solid base to work with.

Finally, I have put a link (below in orange) to a very interesting article on the Times website which explains how the betting exchanges are now being targeted by financial management funds as a good form of investment.


No comments: