Wednesday 2 June 2010

Clowning Around

The first day of June couldn't have got off to a worse start. I traded the first two races without going in play, finishing £50 out of pocket. Every decision in those two races went against me and I was getting very frustrated and we all know what happens when the frustration gets the better of us. We turn into a clown and make stupid decisions. Well at least I do!

I trade the third race and by the time the race was about to start I was down a further £20, probably down to my bad temperament. So I made the big sin of chasing and thought 'what the hell' I am going to lay Quiet Word as there were another couple of horses which were also fancied. I decided not to watch or trade during the race as I didn't want it to influence me but as usual I just made the situation worse. By the end of the race I was down £160.

By now I had lost all self control and went into splash the cash mode. Trading went out the window for the next few races. I went in play in all of them and left big liabilities all over the place. I managed to salvage £100 and should have ended the day in profit but I blew my £40 all green on the Somerset V Sussex by making one trade too many which resulted in a profit of 95 pence.

All in all it was a total shambles and I am not proud of ending up as a loss chaser.


No comments: