Thursday 26 August 2010

A Fresh Start

This month has certainly been varied and unexpected. When I posted on Saturday 7th August the thought of taking the family abroad was furthest from my mind. I had committed myself to not trade for one week and concentrate on the the family but on Monday we came across an opportunity of a cheap flight to the Canaries and managed to find a decent hotel at highly reduced price. So 48 hours later we were off to Lanzarote for 12 days. It has to be the best decision I have made in a long time. The laptop stayed at home and my only access to the trading world was through iBetmate. I made a determined effort to use the iPhone app as least as possible but it becomes very difficult walking into a sports bar at 3pm on the first Premier League weekend and faced with 6 massive screens all showing the different live games at the same time and not want to lay the draw on one game. Why can't the UK have these live matches too!

I have not touched the Horse Racing since nearly three weeks ago and the clean break has helped me clearly think about how I want to proceed in the future. The main evening meetings end this week and there will only be sporadic all weather evening meetings for the next few months so my opportunities will be limited unless I start to concentrate on other sports. I have therefore decided to increase my trading in football and start to make inroads in Tennis. We will just have to see how it goes.

One website I have stumbled upon and added to my blog list is Trading the Football Markets. The guys on their seem to know what they are talking about and I might just dip in at £25 per month to see where it takes my football trading to. Then there is Best Betfair Football Trader who recommends the FTS system at a one off cost of about £50. He seems to have done well so far this season.

1 comment:

Mario said...

hello, I found your blog interesting, I propose exchange links with my blog on British lottery
http://winlottouk49s.blogspot.com/
I hope you accept my request
greetings
mario